The Rivertown Brewing Company is currently looking for enthusiastic, hard working, full-time or part-time, cooks that are interested in growing with the company.
We are a family-owned, independent craft brewery with taproom and full-service BBQ eatery located in Monroe, Ohio. At Rivertown, we believe in brewing traditional and innovative craft beer and slow-smoking BBQ in a way that encourages connection, and conversation. We aren’t defined by one style of beer or BBQ, because at our brewery, we brew a touch of everything from traditional, technically-sound, delicate lagers to spontaneously fermented and intentionally blended barrel-aged sours and every style in between. When it comes to our BBQ, we draw inspiration from many different styles, including St. Louis, Texas, the Carolinas, but most importantly, our juicy, slow-smoked BBQ is inspired by our Team’s creativity and our guests.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Positive, solution oriented, 'team-first' attitude
- Ability to work on your feet for eight hours or more a day
- Must be able to lift at least 40 pounds at a time on a regular basis
- High level of professionalism and emotional intelligence
- Comfortable working with a team in a fast-paced kitchen environment
- Excellent verbal communication and organization skills
- High school diploma/GED required
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Ensure that the kitchen, all food prep areas and all food storage areas meet restaurant cleaning standards
- Memorize and utilize our serving portion sizes and all basic meal prep procedures used in the kitchen
- Monitor product freshness and rotate out old product based on a schedule created by the restaurant
- Work with team of cooks to do portion prep work for other shifts when needed
- Prepare basic components of each dish on our menu using our proven recipes
Start Date: Immediate Full and Part time positions available
Rivertown offers a competitive benefits package for our full-time team members that includes health and dental insurance and paid vacation.